Phoenix, AZ – FTE
Description of Position
We are a cash-flow positive, privately funded startup with a small team of friendly people. When we go out to lunch, the restaurant is usually chosen for its beer list. This position is encouraged to work four ten-hour shifts per week and enjoy three-day weekends.
- Complete development and take full charge of the next version of client’s REST API, built on Django REST framework 3.5, Django 1.10, and Python 3.5.
- Deploy the API through AWS Lambda, API Gateway, and RDS or Aurora. Note: AWS Lambda support for Python 3.5 is under development.
- Utilize Amazon Web Services, such as SQS and SES, to create an event-driven architecture for employee workflow and minimize workload on the database.
- Configure AWS alerts and monitoring to ensure scalability and rapid response to events.
- Collaborate with staff to carefully construct API functionality around employee and customer needs.
Develop and improve automation tools and risk analysis models for fraud detection.
- Python 3
- Django and Django REST framework
- AWS: Lambda, API Gateway, RDS/Aurora, SES/SQS
- Non-session based authentication, e.g. API key + Secret key
- Desire for independence and flexibility as part of a small, close-knit team.
- Machine learning
- Binary outcome regression modeling
- Familiarity with the chargeback process
- Ecommerce, especially platforms such as Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce